Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Proud Parent.

so my wife told me the bad news. her face contain so many emotions from gloomy, frustration, sad etc etc. my eldest son currently in standard two has been placed in kelas peralihan coz he can't read fluently.
i just keep silence. to me it is not something bad altogether. mebbe he can do better and improve himself when he study in that class. and definitely it is not the end of the world. our house is still standing.
like any other things human performance also will always subject to a certain cycle. there is up and down. the only question is how long is the certain part of the cycle will take place. it shall depends on various variables and factors that influence the said human peformance such as environtment, peers influence, dietary, family orientation, health and etc etc.
i was considered a smart boy when i stepped into primary school. i always scored the top 5 if not top 3 in my class. i can read well in standard 1. i can recite or read al-quran as soon as i graduated into standard 2. then i learn how to pray. everything i did and accomplished on my own. i remember clearly how i learn to spell and read the word 'Kah' (as in "Buku Siapakah Ini?") as i spell it as 'K.A.H' but my pronunciation was 'KU.AH'. i mean at the age of 7 years old i don't have the word 'kah' in my vocabulary but only the word 'kuah'. i know there is something wrong with it as i spelled it again and again while continuing scratching my head.
but when we moved to Kuching, Sarawak while i was in the middle of standard 2, as my father was posted there, my performance drop badly. once in standard 3 my exam result was bad that i was amongst the last persons in my class. but that did not stop me from laughing at my fren's drawing as i saw the pady field that he drew looks like 'standing'. even the teacher agreed with me and didn't scold me for laughing. and as the time progress my performance was getting better. i got an considerable excellence result for peperiksaan Penilaian Darjah 5 except for my English subject that i got 'C'. i always do badly in English subject ...
i see the potential in my eldest son. he can draw well just like his father. he likes to do origami, not like his father, his father only knew how to do paper plane/jet. i believe he just in his down cycle with regard to his study. give him a bit space and motivation and with His' grace and compassion, my son could strive and excel.
while in the car that nite going to my parents house i did the slow talk to him and also to his elder sister. i asked them to put an effort to do homework and do a lot of reading both the BM and English. i bought them their own story books. i bought him the origami book. hopefully they can be independent as i was. at least they have their mother at home who can assist them.
as i can't monitor them that frequent, i have left the responsibility to their mother. perhaps i should put more effort in their education than what i have done so far. perhaps i was indeed 'different' and they can't be like me when i was small. i was wrong to adopt that impression. it is time i change my perception and my strategy in bringing them up. i can't leave to others with that responsibilities. look like i have to do it on my own ...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ummu Muhammad said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:00 PM  
Blogger MZ said...

aameennn ...

3:28 PM  
Blogger Ummu Muhammad said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home